- Ce sujet contient 0 réponse, 1 participant et a été mis à jour pour la dernière fois par Jules Zaffer, le il y a 3 années.
27 novembre 2020 à 1 h 45 min #16068Jules ZafferInvité
Reading By Moonlight
How Books Saved A Life
by Brenda Walker
- ISBN: 9781926428031 (192642803X)
- Author: Brenda Walker
- Format: hardcover, 244 pages
- Language: english
- Awards: New South Wales Premier’s Literary Award Nominee for Douglas Stewart Prize for Non-Fiction (2011), Western Australian Premier’s Book Award Nominee for Non-Fiction (2010), Victorian Premier’s Literary Award for Nettie Palmer Prize for Non-Fiction (2010), Nita B. Kibble Literary Award (2011)
- Genres: memoir, australia, medicine, illness
- Publisher: Penguin Australia
- Release date: March 29, 2010
About The Book
A memoir of reading and healing
The first time Brenda Walker packed her bag to go into hospital, she wondered which book to take with her. As a novelist and professor of literature, her life had been built around reading and writing. Now she was also a patient, being treated for breast cancer, fighting for her life and afraid for herself and her family. But turning to medicine didn’t mean she turned away from fiction. Books had always been her solace and sustenance, and now choosing the right one was the most important thing she could do for herself.
In Reading by Moonlight, Brenda describes the five stages of her treatment and how different books and authors helped her through the tumultuous process of recovery. As well as offering wonderful introductions and insights into the work of writers like Dante, Tolstoy, Nabokov, Beckett and Dickens, Brenda shows how the very process of reading — surrendering and then regathering yourself — echoes the process of healing.
Reading by Moonlight guides, reassures, throws light on dark places, and finds beauty in the stories that come to us in times of jeopardy. It affirms that reading can be essential to life itself.
TXT ebook Reading By Moonlight Brenda Walker iPad on IndieBound. FB2 book Reading By Moonlight buy cheap. Paperback Reading By Moonlight by Brenda Walker read on Barnes & Noble. PDF Reading By Moonlight download on iOS. EPUB book Reading By Moonlight Brenda Walker on Bookshop.