• Ce sujet contient 0 réponse, 1 participant et a été mis à jour pour la dernière fois par Danielle Elliott, le il y a 3 années et 5 mois.
Affichage de 1 message (sur 1 au total)
  • Auteur
    Danielle Elliott
    Invité

Somewhere I Have Never Travelled
    The Hero’s Journey

by Thomas Van Nortwick

🔍 Somewhere I Have Never Travelled – CLICK HERE 🔍

• Language: english
    • Format: paperback, 204 pages
    • Author: Thomas Van Nortwick
    • Release date: January 4, 1996
    • ISBN: 9780195101270 (0195101278)
    • Publisher: Oxford University Press

About The Book

The ancient hero’s quest for glory offers metaphors for our own struggles to reach personal integrity and wholeness. In this compelling book, Van Nortwick traces the heroic journeys in three seminal works of ancient epic poetry, The Epic of Gilgamesh, Homer’s Iliad, and Virgil’s Aeneid. In particular, he focuses on the relationship of the hero to one or more second selves, or alter egos, showing how the poems address central truths about the cost of heroic self-assertion: that the pursuit of glory can lead to alienation from one’s own deepest self, and that spiritual wholeness can only be achieved by confronting what appears, at first, to be the very negation of that self. With his unique combination of literary, psychological, and spiritual insights, Van Nortwick demonstrates the relevance of ancient literature to enduring human problems and to contemporary issues.

Somewhere I Have never Travelled will interest anyone who wishes to explore the roots of human behavior and the relationship between life and art.

MP3 book Somewhere I Have Never Travelled by Thomas Van Nortwick for iPhone. PDF Somewhere I Have Never Travelled read on Dymocks. Hardback ebook Somewhere I Have Never Travelled Thomas Van Nortwick download.

FB2 book Somewhere I Have Never Travelled buy cheap on iPad on Powells. Hardcover Somewhere I Have Never Travelled Thomas Van Nortwick download on Kobo. EPUB ebook Somewhere I Have Never Travelled buy PC.

Online Somewhere I Have Never Travelled. FictionBook book Somewhere I Have Never Travelled by Thomas Van Nortwick read online Mac on Bookshop. Paperback ebook Somewhere I Have Never Travelled by Thomas Van Nortwick buy cheap on iOS on Booktopia.

Affichage de 1 message (sur 1 au total)
Répondre à : (PDF) Somewhere I Have Never Travelled by Thomas Van Nortwick — 9780195101270
Vos informations :